Breaking
Sun. Jun 23rd, 2024

Damascus: Syria continued the blame game after the failure of Eight Round of Peace Talk in Geneva, while according to the official sources, Syrian government fully participate in negotiation on December 16, 2017 about the stalemate on preconditions.

Proclaimed by official reports, the negotiation that ended in the Swiss City on Thursday, US commented, “The Syrian government’s opposition party constructively participates in the contrast to the obstructionism and procrastination of government delegations.”

Earlier that week, Department of States spokesperson Heather Nauert said, “We support US Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura’s call for regime’s supporters to use their leverage to urge the regime to participate fully in tangible negotiations with the opposition in Geneva.”

Analysts claimed that Syria missed the golden opportunity of peace maintenance in the state and disappointed the peace talks even in January 2018.

De Mistura said, “He is disappointed with the results but that he was planning yet another round of talks in Geneva that will be in January.”

That statement was strongly condemned by Syria including 70 years Old Italian Swedish diplomat who perceived bias in the conversation.

Syrian News Agency SANA stated that Syrian Foreign Ministry had always dealt in a positive manner with all honest efforts to resolve the country’s crisis.

Furthermore, the Syrian government’s chief negotiator Bashar al Jaafari said that his side would not participate in any dialogue with opposition unless Saudi Arabia stayed away from their internal affairs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reporter: Syeda Faiza Bukhari

By

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *