“Are those who have knowledge equal to those who do not have knowledge?!”(39:9).
There is nothing wrong with the Muslim world that the proper understanding of their religion can not fix. Instead of following our religious commandments of prioritizing knowledge for advancement and solutions to life’s challenges, the ignorant fools became terrorists and adopted death and destruction as solutions to their regressive world. Again, instead of building schools for research and development using our vast natural and human resources, they chose criminal and barbaric routes for self-destruction. “Abu Dhabi (AFP) – The United Arab Emirates, which belongs to a US-led coalition fighting jihadists, on Saturday issued a list of 83 Islamist groups which it classified as “terrorist organizations”. The list, approved by the cabinet and published on the official WAM news agency, is similar to an announcement made by Riyadh in March.”
The panacea for the Muslim world’s challenges is knowledge, making sure every child (boys and girls) is given full access to higher learning. In the last twenty five (25) years alone, science and technology-driven knowledge (mainly led by students) have accomplished far more advancement in multiple disciplines than all religions combined. In addition, the internet, in relatively short period of time, was able to reach far more souls than any existing religion today, while at the same time made life more manageable, knowledge more universal and human development more easily attainable. In a nutshell, the internet beat religions in achieving their ideal objectives through removing walls and barriers that had prevented natural human creativeness and progress.
We must therefore embrace knowledge not violent force to address our collective grievances and fully enjoy this marvelously designed universe of ours. “Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind.” (Muslims & Bukhari)
12 items to ponder:
- Islam is a religion that made learning its first mandated pillar.
- Peace is not only its name but also its platform.
- Recognize diversity is a must for Muslims.
- Individual choices are protected in Islam
- The rights, safety and well beings of others are sacred in Islam
- Religious tolerance is an obligation
- There is no force conversion into Islam
- Deeds not family heritage must dictate status
- Actions not people are condemnable
- There is no preferential treatment among neighbors.
- In Islam human blood and property are more sacred than any sacred place and object on earth. And
- Murder including oneself is against Islam