Breaking
Wed. Jun 19th, 2024
missing-Nigerian-girls
Some parents in Nigeria have reportedly got some relief after seeing their daughters featured in a video released by Boko Haram Islamist militants.
According to Nigeria’s Punch Newspaper, the new video released by Islamist militants Boko Haram claims to show around 100 girls kidnapped from the government secondary school, Chibok, Borno State on April 14, 2014.
The girls, according to the video, allegedly converted to Islam. The video released today showed them praying in Islam but it is definitely not possible to establish whether they converted willingly.The girls were all in Islam attire covering all the parts of their body apart from a small space left for the face. Some of the parents who have watched the video have identified faces similar to those of their children.

The group’s leader, Abubakar Shekau, confirmed that they are holding the girls. He however said the girls would be held until all imprisoned militants had been freed.

Over 200 girls were abducted by Boko Haram from their school in northern  Nigeria on April 14 and threatened to be sold for $12.

USA and other international communities condemned the act and have come out to help Nigeria security agencies to locate and rescue the girls.

The girls are said to have appeared calm in the video. They claimed they had not been mistreated. Two of them said they were Christian and had converted to Islam, while the other said she is Muslim.

By

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *