Call for Reporter Interns
Muslim Community Report is a New York City-based monthly newspaper and online platform. We cover the key news impacting Muslim and African communities in the tri-state area.
Our contributors, both Muslim and non-Muslim, strive to:
- Challenge long-held stereotypes about Muslim communities by documenting their diversity.
- Encourage Muslim and non-Muslim readers to engage in dialogue and cultural exchange.
- Profile Muslim community members making social, civic, artistic, and entrepreneurial contributions to New York City.
- Connect growing Muslim communities with breaking civic, business, and religious information.
We are rapidly growing, and are poised for success as a medium serving one of the tri-state area’s most dynamic communities.
We’re recruiting reporting interns who can contribute to our print and online sections. We’re interested in stories that:
- Document community successes. Think: thriving Muslim entrepreneurs, organizations, projects, community leaders.
- Connect community needs with resources. Key topics: immigration, business/technology, education, health, and employment programs.
- Cover high-profile current issues – with the inclusion of a Muslim perspective and Muslim voices
- Involve any or all of the five boroughs. (You can contribute from your home base).
We are particularly interested in stories that can be broadly shared to bring in new readers. So if you’re seeking traction for your big story, Muslim Community Report can be the place to launch it.
To apply: please send a resume to our editor, Kimberly Jacobs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a pitch for a story that you are interested in writing.
*Please note this is not a religious paper*