Mon. Jul 15th, 2024

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., today announced the sentencing of BRYAN ROGERS, 32, to 25 years-to-life in state prison for fatally shooting his girlfriend’s uncle following a dispute in NYCHA’s Manhattanville Houses on Amsterdam Avenue in West Harlem. On November 30, 2016, a New York State Supreme Court jury found the defendant guilty of all charges in the indictment against him: Murder in the Second Degree and two counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree.

“Bryan Rogers committed a senseless act of violence as he opened fire and murdered Todd Wilson in front of his mother, sister, niece, and two children,” said Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, Jr. “I hope that this sentence provides the Wilson family with some measure of comfort as they cope with this devastating trauma and loss. In addition to holding perpetrators of gun violence accountable, our Office will continue fighting to advance laws and policies which prevent illegal guns from coming into our City in the first place.”

As proven at trial, on August 10, 2014, Virginia residents ROGERS and his girlfriend, Logan Wilson, were visiting Wilson’s grandmother at the Manhattanville Houses for an annual “Family Day” celebration. After missing their bus ride back to Virginia, the two drank heavily and returned to Wilson’s grandmother’s apartment in an intoxicated state at or around 1:30 the following morning.

The couple entered the apartment in a loud, boisterous manner and received repeated requests from Wilson’s family members to calm down and to leave the apartment. An argument ensued, and ROGERS, Wilson, her mother, her grandmother, her two cousins, and her 48-year-old uncle Todd Wilson took the dispute into the hallway. Outside of the apartment, ROGERS had turned to walk away, but instead, reached to his side, removed a firearm, turned back around, and fatally shot Todd Wilson four times — twice in his chest and twice in his back. ROGERS and Wilson then fled the building and retreated to Baltimore, Maryland, where they hid for nearly two months until investigators apprehended the defendant.

Assistant District Attorney Mark Dahl handled the prosecution of the case, under the supervision of Robert Ferrari, Chief of Trial Bureau 40, and Executive Assistant District Attorney John Irwin, Chief of the Trial Division. Assistant District Attorney Brian Mason also assisted with the prosecution of this case.

District Attorney Vance thanked the NYPD, especially Detective Harold Carter of the 26th Precinct Detective Squad; Detective Mark Worthington of the Manhattan North Homicide Squad; Officers Roni Jenkins and James Lebron of the Housing Impact Response Team; and Detective Rashida Jupiter of the Crime Scene Unit for their assistance with the investigation.

Defendant Information:



Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *